The WP Portfolio allows showcasing beautiful websites, images, videos, and single pages to attract your clients and customers. The plugin helps you to display them together and create a good impression on clients. This article will help you in taking steps after installing the plugin –
– Activate the license
Activating your license or purchase key is very important. This way, you are registering the purchase you’ve made and therefore will receive free updates from us. You can find the key on the license page when you log in to our store. See more information here.
Once you get a license key from the store account, see how to activate it from the WordPress dashboard here.
– Portfolio Types
WP Portfolio allows creating four different types of portfolios –
Type 1: Website
- This type allows showcasing beautifully designed websites. Let’s consider you are a web designer and want to showcase stunning websites you designed for a client or have some demo sites. This type will suit you better.
- Website portfolio can have a thumbnail image that will give a quick design overview of the website. Then a URL can be set to this image so when a visitor clicks on the thumbnail image, he/she can see the entire website.
- Explore the detailed steps to create a website portfolio.
Type 2: Image
- This is quite similar to the Image Gallery. Images can be showcased with filters.
- This type allows adding two images – Thumbnail and Portfolio. A thumbnail image can show a quick overview of the image. Clicking on it will open a full image.
- Take a look at how this portfolio can be created.
Type 3: Video
- This type will allow showcasing a video gallery with sorting and searching options.
- A thumbnail image will display in front. Clicking on the image will open a video in the iFrame.
- See how to create a video portfolio.
Type 4: Single Page
- With this type, you can design a single page and showcase them with filterable tabs.
- Single page can be designed with WordPress default editor or with any page builder.
- A thumbnail image will show an overview and clicking on it will open a full page.
- Refer detailed steps for creating a Single Page Portfolio.
– Ready to Import Website Portfolios
The plugin offers ready-made website portfolios built with popular Astra WordPress theme. Astra has a library for ready-made websites, built with famous page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Brizy and WordPress default editor – Gutenberg.
You can import these websites as portfolios and showcase them as your own sites. It will create a nice collection of websites that you can offer your clients to choose from. Here are the detailed steps to import Astra website portfolios.
– How Portfolio can be Displayed on a Page?
WP Portfolio plugin provides an easy shortcode to display portfolios anywhere on the website.
wp_portfolio is a default shortcode that will display all available portfolios. You can specify portfolio display using various attributes for this shortcode.
Here is a complete list of all available shortcode attributes.
An overview of the process that needs to be followed –
- Create required type of portfolio (website/ image/video/single page)
- Assign appropriate category/other category/tag for portfolios
- Display portfolios with shortcode and its required attributes.